You will not believe how tasty these treats are at only 30 kcal a bite! These Christmas fudge chocolates are a perfect homemade present to give someone special or to feed the troops once everyone has had their fill of refined sugary retail chocolates.
The ingredients used to make these tasty chocolates are packed full of healthy fats, vitamins, minerals and polyphenols compared to the energy zapping ingredients found in the boxes of sweets and chocolates that arrive under the tree at this time of year.
These chocolates are easy to make and can be eaten frozen straight from the freezer or slightly thawed and gooey:)
- Serves: 30
- Calories: 30 kcal
- Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Protein: 0.5g
- 2 tablespoons of almond butter
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- ½ tablespoon of melted coconut oil
- 100g of melted dark chocolate
- Mix the almond butter, maple syrup and coconut oil in a bowl.
- Fill the Christmas silicon moulds with the mixture and place in the freezer for 1-2 hours. Make sure not to fill the moulds to the top as you need to leave some room for the chocolate.
- Start melting the chocolate when the almond butter mixture is frozen.Break the chocolate and place it into a large bowl.
- Sit the bowl over a pan of simmering water and allow the chocolate to melt, stirring occasionally. Don't try to melt the chocolate any faster as it will only clump together.
- Spoon the melted chocolate on top of the frozen almond butter mixture.
- Place in the freezer for a further 1-2 hours.